ECID (Evidence and Collaboration for Inclusive Development)project speaks on data collection from communities in Ayamelum and Ogbaru LGA for evidence and collaboration for inclusive development. It is a community based intervention, that spurs the community members to identify their problems and needs for the purpose of prioritization for government inclusive development. These activities have been carried
- BASELINE SURVEY, ISSUES IDENTIFICATION AND FAMILIARIZATION VISITS targeting STAKEHOLDERS IN OGBARU AND AYAMELUM LGA.
- ECID/JDPC VALIDATION/REVALIDATION AND PRIORITIZATION exercises were carried out focusing, showcasing and sharing identified issues on health, infrastructure, Education, Agriculture and livelihood deficits that needed to be addressed by the ECID project
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF ECID SO FAR
- The project created a space for offer of University scholarship to a visually impaired girl, Nneka Ofuonye of Umuerum community in Ayamelum LGA who has been able to further her education because of finances.
- An open door working relationship was established with the Anambra State Ministry of Agriculture on registration of rural farmers in the control centre to access loans, subsidized farm inputs and grants.
- A good working relationship with the Anambra State Bureau of Statistics to review the community data profile developed in the ECID project
- Adolescent Boys and Girls and persons with disabilities were better organized to discuss about issues affecting them and how to address them.
- Better understanding and compilation of data gaps in the target communities and LGAs that will be addressed to have accurate data processes in the communities and LGAs.