The institutional capacity assessment and training was designed by JDPC Onitsha for building the capacities of organizations seeking for development, growth and change from the meeting with required standards needed to add value to the society. It targets executives, and position holders of an organization, groups and associations in the church, market, public and private sectors.
Within this year, this programme has been deployed to three churches namely, Christ the King Parish, Onitsha, Sacred Heart Parish, Odoakpu and St Dominic Parish, Fegge with the aim of:
- Reviewing relevant aspects of their procedures, capacity resources, inter and intra-relations, programme implementation, practice and performance;
- assess mechanisms in place for the organizations, i.e. to set policy make planning decisions, finance and coordinate implementation;
- review the ongoing support to strengthen institutions;
- document the remaining gaps identified based on a diagnostic and capacity assessment;
- use the gap assessment to design capacity building and training